I don’t eat a ton of pasta, though on the weekend I was really craving it. I didn’t want a heavy tomato or cream sauce so I went with my favourite- a simple olive oil sauce enhanced with garlic and balsamic vinegar. After looking on Tastespotting for a recipe to try, I came across this recipe from the Whole Grain Gourmet. I took the liberty of adapting it to fit the type of pasta I wanted to use (whole wheat fusilli) and replaced the vegetables with those whose flavour I love in my pasta (cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, spinach, sundried tomatoes). I also added a plenty of lemon zest and fresh parmesan cheese to round off the dish. Of course if you are vegan, use your favourite cheese substitution or leave it out completely! Try it yourself- take a simple oil-dressed pasta dish and play with it, adding your favourite ingredients!
Subscribe by E-Mail!
- *Giveaway* Nature’s Path Organic Love Crunch Granola December 9, 2013 Comments (11)
- Gluten-Free Vegan Toasted Coconut Waffles December 4, 2013 Comments (17)
- Smoothies 101: How to make the perfect smoothie every time November 29, 2013 Comments (17)
- Morocco Method Hair Care November 24, 2013 Comments (9)
- Drop Dead Recipes- Butternut Squash Soup November 8, 2013 Comments (15)
view my recipes