I don’t eat a ton of pasta, though on the weekend I was really craving it. I didn’t want a heavy tomato or cream sauce so I went with my favourite- a simple olive oil sauce enhanced with garlic and balsamic vinegar. After looking on Tastespotting for a recipe to try, I came across this recipe from the Whole Grain Gourmet. I took the liberty of adapting it to fit the type of pasta I wanted to use (whole wheat fusilli) and replaced the vegetables with those whose flavour I love in my pasta (cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, spinach, sundried tomatoes). I also added a plenty of lemon zest and fresh parmesan cheese to round off the dish. Of course if you are vegan, use your favourite cheese substitution or leave it out completely! Try it yourself- take a simple oil-dressed pasta dish and play with it, adding your favourite ingredients!
What is Koko’s Kitchen?
Koko's Kitchen was started as a way to share healthy, delicious recipes with people from around the world. It has grown into a place to share my knowledge in raw foods, and natural health and beauty, as well as my love of travel. I want to use my passion for food and natural health to help others reach their best body, mind, and soul.
Subscribe by E-Mail
Receive new posts straight to your inbox!
- Pistachio Pesto Quinoa- One Green Planet March 9, 2012 Comments (3)
- Raw Coconut Chocolate Pudding February 9, 2012 Comments (9)
- Raw Granola September 14, 2012 Comments (17)
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Recipe Round-Up January 31, 2013 Comments (10)
- Rawsome Vegan Baking Review, Recipe & GIVEAWAY! April 18, 2014 Comments (61)
view my recipes