I’m not going to lie…..I don’t feel like using an oven the past few days. I sit here sweating, but ready to blog. The temperatures in the Vancouver area have been OFF THE CHARTS lately. We are setting records left and right, and let’s just say that none of us here are used to 35-40 degree weather. At least I’ve been getting a ton of use out of my pool! That’s why I only wanted a dinner that would take a couple minutes to make in my boiling house. A simple vinaigrette to top a cool vegetable and crab salad sounded light, cold, and delicious.
I got the idea from Bella and used the recipe for the vinaigrette and adapted the recipe for the salad.
Champagne Vinaigrette from Emeril
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar (**If you don’t have champagne vinegar, just use white wine vinegar!)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
In a blender, combine the champagne vinegar, honey, shallots, mustard and garlic. Puree until smooth, 10 to 15 seconds. While continuing to blend, slowly drizzle the olive oil into the blender through the opening in the lid until the dressing is smooth and emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a clean, non-reactive container with a lid. Set aside until ready to use, or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Crab & Vegetable Salad
Honestly, I didn’t measure anything exactly- I picked a bowl big enough to hold the amount I wanted to make and eye’d the amounts of the ingredients I would need.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Crab (I used a can of frozen crab, which I left in the fridge to thaw for a few hours. You could definitely use fresh crab!)
- Sunflower seeds (I used unsalted)