Going from 40-degree weather in India to -1 degree weather in Vancouver has left my skin sooo confused!! It’s dry AF and I need to moisturize every five minutes, I swear. My lips are no better…dry and chapped and no amount of “Lip Shit” is helping (although I am still obsessed- coconut basil flavour is the bomb!).
I have used lip scrubs in the past and enjoyed the results. I’ve tried a few from Lush and they were super moisturizing and effective and they tasted delicious but with none on hand I decided to make my own. It’s chemical free and made with natural ingredients good enough to eat!
I started with coconut sugar as a base but I gave it a super quick whizz in the Vitamix so it was a finer texture like castor sugar would be.
I chose to use coconut oil and honey to hold the mix together as well nourish the lips. Honey helps get rid of dry, dead, chapped skin and leave the lips looking bright. It also has antibacterial properties (so does coconut oil!) and helps to heal and moisturize skin and lips.
I added vanilla bean powder for an extra yummy burst of flavour. I love anything vanilla and combined with honey and coconut oil, you will want to eat this sweet sugar lip scrub!
The extra olive oil is one more effective moisturizing ingredient for conditioning and protecting the lips.
A recipe for an all natural lip scrub with no chemicals or preservatives. Enjoy this nourishing lip scrub and soothe those chapped lips.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- A pinch of vanilla bean powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, coconut oil and vanilla bean powder until stir until well mixed.
- Stir in the coconut sugar. Use the spoon to press the sugar into the coconut oil mixture. Continue until completely and evenly incorporated.
- Stir in the olive oil. The mixture should just stick together, add a pinch more sugar if you need to.
- Pour into a lidded container.
- To use: Gently rub a small amount of the scrub onto you lips, exfoliating for a few seconds. Lick your lips (this scrub is yummy AF!) and feel how soft they are!
If you can find small lip balm containers you can divide this batch up and make the cutest little DIY lip scrub gifts for your friends!
Have you tried a lip scrub before? What is your favourite balm or scrub for chapped lips?