‘Winter Buzz’ Bailey’s Almande Hot Chocolate
Ever since I heard about Baileys Almande last year, I had been awaiting it’s release with coffee cup (or hot chocolate mug) in hand. Lucky for me, Santy Claus brought me a nice big bottle of it – what a treat on Christmas morning.
Finally! A boozy, creamy and sweet Baileys just like it’s dairy-based counterpart but made with almond milk so I can sip away with no tummy aches afterwards. Can I get a what whatttttt!
Of course it’s amazing in a strong cup of coffee but it’s also great in hot chocolate. I found a beautiful vegan hot chocolate mix made on Bowen Island from Cocoa West.
For this recipe you can use your favourite store-bought hot chocolate mix or else make your own. I have two dairy-free hot chocolate recipes on Koko’s Kitchen:
A recipe for a boozy, spiked hot chocolate featuring new Bailey's Almande.
- 2 mugs full of your favourite hot chocolate
- 2 oz Baileys Almande in each mug
- Cinnamon sticks to garnish
- Marshmallows to garnish
- Cacao nibs to garnish
- 1 can coconut milk refrigerated over night
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
Scoop the hardened coconut cream from the top of the can into a large bowl.
Whisk until slightly softened and the texture of whipped cream.
Fold in the maple syrup and vanilla bean powder.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Gently heat the Baileys Almande in a small pot on the stovetop. Stir into your prepared hot chocolate.
- Top with the coconut whipped cream and garnish with toppings of your choice - marshmallows, cinnamon sticks, cacao nibs, etc.
- Enjoy a little Winter Buzz!