It’s officially Summer time! I couldn’t be more excited. I just had a great weekend away in Whistler for my birthday, and followed it up this past weekend with a great Canada Day hike. I also got a new laptop for my birthday and I am sooo stoked about it. I have been using my 10+ year-old computer for all my blogging and it really turned into a hassle. Everything was so slow to load and apps like Instagram weren’t supported. I can’t wait to get back to blogging regularly with my new MacBook – woohooooo!
It’s already been a busy Summer but there is lots more to come. One of my best friend’s is getting married this July, and her super secret bachelorette party is coming up this weekend. I thought I would whip up this dip again for the pre-party festivities.
The first time I made this dip my roommates went crazy for it. I spent the night at my parents house, and when I got back home the dip I had left in the fridge had been devoured. A sure sign of success…I hope you enjoy this plant-based 7 layer dip as much as they did- hah!
I made it as simple as possible, using canned refried black beans for the bottom layer. I topped that with an easy homemade guacamole layer, and and then my favourite store-bought salsa. From there I mixed Tofutti vegan sour cream with organic taco seasoning. I topped that with Daiya cheddar cheese shreds, sliced black olives, green onions, chopped tomatoes, and cilantro. Yum!
A recipe for the most delicious seven layer dip (without dairy!).
- 1 398ml can refried black beans
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 jar of your favourite salsa
- 1 340g container of Tofutti Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning - I used Simply Organic
- 1/4 cup Daiya cheddar cheese shreds
- 1/4 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- Prepare the guacamole by mashing the avocado with the cumin, sea salt, pepper, and lime juice until smooth.
- Prepare the sour cream layer by mixing the Tofutti sour cream with the taco seasoning.
- Spread the refried black beans into the bottom of a dish of your choice. I used a standard glass loaf 'tin' but I think a shallow round dish would be great as well. Top with the guacamole layer. Top with a thin layer of salsa. Top with the sour cream mixture. Evenly spread the Daiya cheddar, tomatoes, olives, green onions, and cilantro on top. Enjoy immediately with tortilla chips. Don't forget to share 😉
No time to make this now? Pin it for later!