I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter and after seeing chef Michael Smith of the food network make these, I could not resist! I made mine in teeny tiny mini muffin cups, but you could follow Michael Smith and use large ones, which I think would be delightful, but I knew that if I only made 4 big ones, I would have eaten them before anyone else got a taste…
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- 8 ounces of 70% bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 4 x paper or foil muffin cup liners
- Melt chocolate in a bowl set over a small pot of simmering water.
- Using a pastry brush or new paintbrush paint chocolate onto the inside of the muffin cups.
- Place them in a muffin tin for easier handling.
- Paint a thick layer and then refrigerate until it has set hard.
- Puree the peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a food processor until smooth.
- Spoon or pipe into the hardened chocolate cups and then pour a thick layer of the remaining melted chocolate over the top making sure the edges are sealed.
- Put back in fridge until the tops have set.
- Peel liners off before serving.